– Never long until next
magnificent nature experience
One of the great advantages of working as a surveyor in Jøsok is that it is never long until the next trip, and the next magnificent nature experience.
– I travel a lot, often in terrain and nature you as a hiker do not normally visit, says surveyor at Jøsok, Frederik Iversen Styve (30).
He comes from Voss, is a surveyor from Høgskulen på Vestlandet and has worked in Jøsok since the autumn of 2020.
– I was looking for a job where I did not have to sit all day in the office. As a surveyor, the options are great, and you can choose a job where a lot of time is spent outdoors, but also a pure office job. I like to be outside, so therefore it was natural for me to go in that direction, says Styve.
In Jøsok, his job in practice is to find the best power lines, based on both line professional and financial assessments. The route choices are therefore based on a large amount of data, but the choices are always checked with physical land measurements.
– It is not always that the map matches the terrain completely, therefore physical measurements are important. The combination of office work and trips to nature makes the working day varied and exciting, says Styve.
When he, as a recent graduate, was looking for a job, this combination was important. At the same time, it was tempting to have a workplace where the working environment and collegial cohesion were good.
– In Jøsok, we are about 25 employees, which means that we get close to each other and get to know each other well. There is therefore a very low threshold for talking to and asking the sideman, says Styve.
He also emphasizes that you are given a lot of trust and that the company’s most important thing is that you solve the tasks, not how they are solved.
– In Jøsok, freedom is practiced under responsibility. I do not know what it is like in large companies, but this freedom to think for yourself and come up with your own suggestions for solutions, is something I really appreciate. For me, Jøsok has been a very happy choice. I enjoy both my job and my colleagues, says Styve.